OUR COUNSELING APPROACH
In today’s world, often frustrating and complex, the abundant life may seem impossible. Christian Care & Counseling of First Baptist Church is committed to helping individuals overcome life’s obstacles and achieve the “abundance of life” that Christ desires for each of us. Our counseling approach is a Christ-centered perspective where individual needs are addressed in a safe and compassionate setting. It is our belief that life’s challenges often involve spiritual battles; as such, interventions based on Biblical truths are the foundation of our care.
- Individual Counseling – Personal and spiritual growth, coping with depression, anxiety, grief, stress, handling difficult relationships
- Premarital Counseling – Marriage preparation, understanding a covenant relationship, personality assessments, exploring family of origin backgrounds, building communication skills and financial planning
- Marriage Counseling – Communication, conflict resolution, emotional and sexual intimacy, infidelity recovery, handling crisis, dealing with financial issues
- Family Counseling – Building effective communication, developing parenting skills, adjusting to life changes, relationships between family members, child & adolescent behavioral issues
- Group Sessions – Rotating group sessions include Caregiver Therapy Group, Living with Chronic Pain, as well as Divorce Care. For more information contact the counseling office: (423) 307-5652 or (423) 586-0522 ext. 252
- Rachel (Beth) Greene – Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Licensed Professional Counselor with the State of Tennessee, Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor with the Board of Christian Professional and Pastoral Counselors.
- Lynn Hicks – Diploma in Christian Counseling from Richmont Graduate University, Master’s in Community Counseling from Georgia State University, Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Psychological Examiner with the State of Tennessee.
- Jane Joyce – Master’s in Mental Health and Behavioral Counseling from Carson-Newman University, Education Specialist in Counseling and Education Collaboration from Carson-Newman University. Currently under supervision for Licensed Professional Counselor credential.
- Gary Maas – Master of Education in Marriage and Family Counseling from East Tennessee State University, Education Specialist in School of Psychology from University of Tennessee, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with the State of Tennessee, Certified in Moral Reconation Therapy.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
It is our desire to provide professional counseling at an affordable cost to members as well as non-members of First Baptist Church; as such, we offer a sliding-fee from $55 – $25, based on gross annual income. We do not accept insurance.