Current Employment Opportunities
First Baptist Church
ATTN Mike Chesney
P.O. Box 1899
Morristown, TN 37816
- Position Summary
- The Facility Technician is a team member of facilities associates that carry out the delivery of day-to-day facility operations, HVAC services, and maintenance activities.
- The position ensures the facility is operated and maintained in a cost effective non-impacted manner while providing a safe, clean, and comfortable work environment.
- The Facility Technician assists with organization skills, problem solving, and creative thinking to resolve escalated issues, drive continuous process improvement, and strive for self-development in a dynamic environment.
- Essential Functions
- Conduct general maintenance duties daily.
- Adheres to all timelines for work completion.
- Implementation of short and long-term projects for church improvements.
- HVAC, building and grounds maintenance
- health and safety
- utilities and communications infrastructure
- space management
- Job Requirements
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong electrical, general construction and plumbing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in HVAC repairs
Full time salary position. Typically, 40 hours Monday through Friday. May work unusual shifts, especially before and after special events. May work to ensure the property is cleaned and readied before every Sunday. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Facilities Maintenance: 3 years
- HVAC: 1 year
Tech school or Associates degree preferred